Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 3

So today I spent about an hour practicing some more single pin picking.

My hand cramped up pretty bad from holding the lock and the tension wrench for 15 minutes, so I had to spread out my practice. I would like to figure out a way to mount my lock(s) somewhere so I don't have to hold it when I am picking. This would save my hand and give me a more realistic environment.


Today I was able to get all 5 pins up on my lock. I realized I was over setting some of the pins so I couldn't turn the cylinder. After a little bit of trial and error, I saw that the amount of tension you put on the wrench has an effect on how well I am able to pick.



I also found a really good read if anyone else is interested in picking up this hobby.
The book is Lock Picking: Detail Overkill by Mike Gibson.
You can find it free online here. The password is evva3ks.
This book is really helpful and taught me a lot! If you're looking on improving your skills, read it!

4 comments:

  1. attention friends the password is "e v v a 3 k s" most of them must have confused v as w so i thought this might help all. thanks for the blog its really good.(no space between password)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can remove the password for easier future viewing with Weeny Free PDF Password Remover (http://www.weenysoft.com/free-pdf-password-remover.html).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to get your book but I can't log in for some reason. Can you give me any help. I really want you book.

    ReplyDelete